I love being a woman because of the fact that I am special.
Here are some reasons:
- I can do things a man can, but he can’t do things I can.
- I can wear clothes a man wears, but he can’t wear clothes I wear.
- I can wear skirts and I can wear pants.
- I can wear a stilleto and I can wear rubber shoes.
- There is a Women’s Desk in every Police Stations.
- There’s a Magna Carta for Women.
- I can carry a baby for 9 months.
- I can touch my fellow woman openly without being judged as a homo.
- We women can call each other attractive.
- I can wear make up.
- Women can dance together.
- Women have multiple, viable birth control options.
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THERE’S AN INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR WOMEN.
So, why do we celebrate International Women’s Day?
For so long, women have been so oppressed by men and by the society that it took time for them to be recognized and to have rights. And so as a celebration for its success and for the promotion of gender equality, women around the world commemorates the 101st year of acknowledging the role of the women around the world. Back in March 8 1911, there was a call for women empowerment and that call succeeded that women nowadays enjoy specific rights compared to women before.
It’s so fun being a woman.
I am proud of being a woman.
And I really LOVE BEING A WOMAN.
Just wanna share this thought from Lorena Barros:
“Ang pagkatao ng isang babae ay hindi nasusukat sa kanyang pagiging birhen, sa haba ng kanyang biyas, sa halina ng kanyang ngiti o sa indayog ng kanyang balakang. Ang tunay na sukatan ng kanyang pagkatao ay ang kakayahang ibahagi ang sarili sa paglilingkod sa kapwa at palayain hindi lamang ang kanyang kasarian kundi ang lipunang kanyang ginagalawan”